If there is one recipe I can stake my life on without any doubt, I would say ROAST CHICKEN. Not only is chicken one of my favorite proteins, it has also been my go-to recipe for potluck gatherings. Over the years, I have accumulated more than a handful roast variations. I will elaborate on other roast dishes. In the mean time, let me share with you this fool-proof recipe.
Honey Lemon Roasted Chicken
1k chicken thighs
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tbs olive oil*
3 tbs honey*
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning (or rosemary)
1. wash chicken thighs thoroughly and pat dry
2. rub with salt and pepper
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix olive oil, honey and lemon juice
2. Taste and adjust to taste
3. Pour marinade to chicken and let sit for at least an hour (overnight is best!)
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Arrange chicken in a roasting pan. Add a few slices of lemon and zest
3. Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
I don’t really measure, I am used to “eyeballing”.
Feel free to adjust oil and honey measures as you see fit.
chicken can also be roasted in a turbo broiler. just keep an eye on the temp.
I did some modifications in my recipe since some of the ingredients are not available. If you want to follow the original recipe, you can find it here.